Saturday, December 17, 2011

Slice and Dice

*Warning*
There are some graphic bloody Photos below please read at your own risk

On Tuesday night - Danielle had quite a bit of homework to complete, so instead of going out to dinner with Dana and the boys we decided to stay in and have Chinese food. I just got home and Dana just arrived when Danielle screamed "MOM!" in that tone that just makes every mothers heart sink. She comes running down the stairs with blood gushing out of her hand.I look at it and O.M.G. It is cut bad and it is cut deep. I wrap a paper towel around it and Dana was grabbing ice when Danielle says to me, "Mommy I can't feel my Fingers." Dana and I both just stopped for like half a second, and then just continued on trying in to comfort her. I called my uncle who is an Doctor and told him to meet me at the ER. I found out from Danielle that the lid of  her fish tank cracked in her hands and sliced her fingers. Meanwhile, as we are trying to get out the door, Lily is running around the house HYSTERICAL! Screaming there is BLOOD!! MY SISSY! Oh the drama....Well to make a long story short, she needed 6 stitches, and she might have cut a tendon in her pinky finger. We will know for sure in a week when the swelling goes down. Life is never a dull moment that is for sure!!!

Before the Stitches

All Nice and Sewn up

Such a brave girl!!


It was so scary to see my baby in so much pain. I wanted to freak out so bad, but as all Mom's know we just can't. We have to be the brave ones to comfort our kids. Danielle's Dad has nick named her Slice and Dice and that is going to stick for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment