Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sunday

I love Sundays. They are my one day to spend alone with my husband. We can do whatever we want. We usually sleep in till 8ish and then go out to eat. This weekend we went out to breakfast with his Mom and Step dad. After breakfast we ran a couple errands to come home and then I got a glorious 45 min nap on our new sofa. It was a perfect day for me to rest after Saturday. I had the pleasure of working a wedding this past weekend for an amazing client. Everything went perfectly and I am pretty sure I have gained a new friend from it.

Sunday was 9.11 and of course I didn't forget. On Saturday night Matty and I watched a Dateline special about the 10th anniversary. By the time it was over I was in tears. It is amazing how watching the horror  again can bring back up all those emotions. I was 20 at the time and I was watching the news thinking that it was an accident. Until, the second plane hit. I watched it live on TV and I just remember how scared I was. We all were scared. By the time the towers fell I was in the office working, but of course no work was being done. We all cried in the office watching them fall. My dad had us shut down the office at 1:00 because lets face it, no one was going to plan a wedding on that day. That day changed everything for us as a country. Danielle was too little to even remember it, and Lily was not born. Now that they are older I tried to explain it to them, but I don't think they will ever comprehend it fully. All I do know is that I will never ever forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment