Friday, March 11, 2011

What to Say....

Last night around 9ish I was trying to figure out what I wanted to write about today. I had all these ideas and subjects to write about and I was really looking forward to it. I was thinking about writing about my amazing evening with my brother, sister-in-law, and Lily. About how much fun we had together..OR a funny story about Matt and I fighting. Maybe filing out a survey..but now it all seems so silly.

I tried to go to bed last night around 10ish and that is when I saw what had happened to Japan. Just watching the horror and the devastation was down right depressing. I cannot imagine what they are going through, but my heart reaches out to them. I wish I could fix it and make it seem like it never happened. I can't stop thinking about all the lives lost...mothers, fathers, children...AND I tried to explain it to the girls. Danielle being almost 11 sort of gets it, but Lily doesn't. I did the best I could, but of course she really doesn't understand.

Matt says it is the end of the world. Not sure if I believe him. He said that my mom and all the Bible Thumping friends of ours mine would be thinking it is the Apocalypse. Maybe I just wanna put my head in the sand. I don't know...But what I do know is that when horrible things like this happen, it makes me thankful for my family. My friends. My pets. (My pets are HUGE part of my life)  Life is short and I need to remember to tell them  more that I love them and appreciate their positive impact in my life, and not focus on the little things in life that bother me. (work, drama, family drama, etc...) Focus on all the good I have in my life and not take it for granted that it could all disappear in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment