Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Danielle Miranda Hamel

I am going to write about Danielle today since tomorrow is her birthday and I know I will not have time to make a post in the midst of all the activities we have planned.


I was 18 years old and a senior in high school when I found out that I was pregnant with Danielle. I got pregnant by my first boyfriend, so even though there was some scandal involved there was also a lot of innocence on our parts. Being 18, unwed and pregnant was the scariest time of my life. After much debate Michael and I decided to go ahead and make the biggest decision of our lives and be parents. There was drama, lost friends, new friends and hours of crying during her pregnancy. I was very blessed to have had family stand right by our sides. They were the ones that held us up when we wanted to fall and just give up. Not many people in our situation have that and I thank God every day for their support.

Early on Michael and I decided to have a planned home birth. We both did our share of research and knew that a homebirth was best for us. I was due to have Danielle on May 11, 2000 but I just knew she was coming early. On April 28th, 2000 at 4:00 a.m. I went into labor. I woke up the midwife and she checked me and said for sure Danielle was coming. She made me get in the bath tub for about an hour and then made me go on a long walk around the block. That really got things going because Danielle was born at 8:58 a.m. It was fast, and painful, but it was amazing. To see that all that drama come out in such a beautiful little person was very humbling. Danielle was 7 pounds 12 oz. and had a head full of bright red hair. She was perfect. She was the most perfect little baby. Her crying was hardly ever, and she was pure joy to be around.



Here is Danielle at 2 years old taking a bath with our cat "Meow"

Danielle's dad and I did get married but as most teenage relationships go we did not make it as a couple. We were blessed though to have Lily though! (Which is another entry on her birthday) The divorce was hard on all 3 of us, but Michael and I were and are very determined to not let it affect her. Oh there were moments, we were kids after all, but we did our best to get through it.

When Lily came around Danielle was the best big sister ever. She looked at Lily like OUR baby and took such good care of her. I never ever could have been a single mom at 23 with 2 kids if not for Danielle. Her smile and good nature made a hard situation so easy.

The girls on Easter 2005

When we moved up the Burbank area and I started working full time, Danielle needed an activity and lucky for me my family owns an ice arena! Danielle started skating and has become quite the little athlete.










Danielle made me grow up. She made me become the woman I am today. She drives me crazy and sometimes I think about beating her...but I am so thankful that I have her. She is my everything. I have been blessed to be her mother. Happy Birthday Danielle. Thank you for being in my life and bringing me so much joy.I am so proud of you for all that you have and will accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment